Experience the wonder of engaging with a dolphin in our newly-opened Sea Sanctuary. Don’t expect the usual.
Start Times: 10:00 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 2 p.m. & 2:45 p.m.
Experience Sharks Up Close & Personal
Prepare to discover juvenile sharks up close and personal in a way you’ve never experienced before. Sharks are fascinating, magnificent, and very misunderstood creatures and this interaction will help you learn the truths and myths about the ocean’s top predators. To assist in the preservation of sharks, Coral World has recreated a shark nursery, offering juvenile sharks every opportunity to grow in a safe environment before being released into the wild. A portion of the proceeds goes towards shark conservation and research.
- Total duration = 45 minutes (Includes check-in, orientation, interaction, and photo processing)
- Time with sharks = 20 minutes
- Ages = ALL (Children ages 16 and under must be accompanied by a participating adult – up to 2 children per adult)
- Height requirement = 4 ft 8 in
- Maximum group size = 4 participants per group (Temporary social distancing adjustments: private only 1 to 4ppl)
- Water depth = Shallow water 4ft
- FREE Park Admission – Includes free full-day admission to Coral World Ocean Park
- Meet sharks face-to-face in our Shark Shallows exhibit while wearing a mask and snorkel.
- Watch sharks swim right in front of you to view their grace and power.
- Learn how we care for these amazing animals and how you can help protect them in the wild.
- Personalized photos of your experience will be available for purchase after your program.
- Your participation in this program helps Coral World Ocean Park support critical marine life conservation efforts.
- Bring or wear: face mask, swimwear with cover-up and a towel.
- Participants must understand basic instructions in English in order to safely participate.
- Participants must be able to manage a flight of stairs.
- Our photographers will take photos of your experience. Flash drives will be available for purchase at the retail store.
- Personal cameras, sunglasses, cell phones and other belongings can be stored in guest locker and are not permitted in program.
- Please remember to use only Coral Safe Sunscreen in the USVI – It’s the law. If you didn’t bring yours, we can help and have Coral Safe Sunscreen available for purchase in our gift shops.
- To discuss making program reservations for a guest with special needs, please contact us directly: [email protected] or 340 775 1555 ext 233.
- If you don’t find what you are looking for, please contact our reservations team at 340 775 155 ext 233.
- If you are visiting on a cruise ship that offers this activity, please contact your cruise line directly to make your reservation.
- Pregnant women are not allowed to participate.